What is LANAP Laser Therapy Treatment? Visit our Certified LANAP Provider, Dr. Anna K. Talmood
Dr. Anna K. Talmood is certified to provide LANAP treatment in her Fullerton dental practice. The LANAP protocol is a laser-based treatment for gum disease that eliminates the need for cutting and suturing. Patients typically report less pain and discomfort during and after the procedure, compared to traditional periodontal surgery. This less invasive, patient friendly procedure helps you get healthy again comfortably, without fear. The LANAP protocol can help you maintain a beautiful smile line without the use of traditional surgery.
The LANAP protocol is a patented periodontal treatment, cleared by the FDA in 2004 and Dr. Anna K. Talmood has fulfilled the requirements to offer this treatment to her patients of Fullerton and surrounding Orange County areas. The procedure can only be done with the PerioLase® MVP-7; this laser operates at a specific wavelength that attacks the bacteria that contributes to gum disease while leaving healthy tissue intact. Post-surgical recession and tooth sensitivity, which can be significant following traditional gum surgery, are also greatly reduced.
Why Should I Consider LANAP Laser Therapy to Treat Gum Disease?
Dr. Talmood takes a holistic approach to the dental health of her patients. Gum disease is linked to several health problems – from heart disease, stroke, diabetes and pre-term babies – but only a small percentage of these adults get the treatment they need. Over 50% of American adults have gum disease – so Dr. Talmood is passionate about providing a less invasive treatment option to patients who suffer from gum disease but do not want to undergo painful surgery to treat it.
Traditional gum disease treatment options involve cutting the gum tissue or extracting the teeth but thanks to the gentle nature of the LANAP procedure, patients typically see immediate results with less bleeding when brushing and less bad breath. Of course, your gums need time to recover and heal, but after LANAP® treatment, you can drive your car, go back to work, or do anything else you like.
What are the Benefits of the LANAP Laser Therapy Procedure? Visit Our Fullerton Dental Practice for Your Consultation
· Faster Healing – LANAP® is minimally invasive and allows the body to recover and heal more quickly.
· Less Discomfort – Patients report less discomfort during and after surgery.
· Minimal Recovery Time – Most patients can immediately return to their daily routine.
· Little to No Gum Recession – Because the procedure doesn’t require cutting the gums, there is less risk of recession and your beautiful smile is maintained.
· Reduction in Gum Inflammation and Bleeding – The PerioLase® MVP-7™ targets inflammatory bacteria without injuring healthy tissue.
· Saves Teeth – Patients can keep their natural teeth sometimes even when the teeth have been deemed ‘hopeless’ with traditional treatments. Keeping your natural teeth has been linked to a longer lifespan!
· Safe for patients with Health Concerns –LANAP® protocol is safe for patients with health concerns such as diabetes, HIV, hemophilia, or those taking medications such as Plavix or aspirin.
Gum disease and the negative affects it can have on your health isn’t widely talked about, but can have a big impact on your appearance and confidence. Patients suffering from gum disease live in fear losing their teeth and are at risk for other ailments that affect their whole body. Our office is certified in a unique laser gum disease treatment, the LANAP protocol. Contact our office to schedule your consultation with Dr. Anna K. Talmood to see if the LANAP protocol is the best solution to treat your gum disease.